Annie Hawryliw


2:00 pm
Friday, February 2, 2018
Westwood Funeral and Cremation Services
1402 - 20th Street West
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Obituary of Annie Hawryliw

It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Annie Hawryliw on January 28, 2018, at the Saskatoon Convalescent Care Home in Saskatoon, at the age of 96 years. She will be dearly missed by her daughters Alice and Shirley; grandson Tyler, sisters Olga, Stella, Martha (Fred), sister-in-law Phyllis and numerous nephews and nieces. She was predeceased by her Husband, Mac (Matt), parents Wasyl and Nettie Bodnarchuk, brothers and sister-in-law, Sam, Nick, Bill, Joe (Elsie), sister and brother-in-law Helen (Jimmy), and all her Hawryliw in-laws. Annie was born to Wasyl and Nettie Bodnarchuk on October 12, 1921 on a farm near Krasny, Saskatchewan, which is near Wynyard, Saskatchewan. She attended public school, then went to work on a farm where she met and married Mac Hawryliw on February 9, 1941. They farmed a small parcel of land east of Sheho, Saskatchewan. Farm life was not easy in those days and Annie worked hard to help Mac with harvesting, making hay, milking cows, growing gardens, butchering and canning chickens, canning fruits and vegetables, besides all her indoor household duties and raising her daughters, for the most part without electricity, running water, or indoor plumbing. Their two daughters, Alice and Shirley, both eventually moved to Calgary. Shirley married and her son, Tyler, was born in 1978. Shirley and Tyler later moved to Saskatoon where Shirley got a job and Tyler spent most of his time at the farm, where he very much enjoyed his early years with Baba and Gido until he was of school age and returned to live with his Mom in Saskatoon. Annie and Mac moved to a home Saskatoon in 1990 after Mac was diagnosed with cancer, which took his life in 1991. Annie later moved to Harry Landa Court where she lived until 2014, when dementia began to take over her life, necessitating another move to a private care home where she lived for two and a half years. As things further deteriorated, she then moved to Porteous Lodge for two weeks and then transferred to the Saskatoon Convalescent Home on June 26, 2017. Dementia and numerous related tragic consequences have stolen her from us. She will be forever remembered by her daughters and grandson for all the loving care and support she provided throughout her life and theirs.
Share Your Memory of